What is better to use with Yodeck, a PC monitor or a TV set?
Let's see some pros and cons!
- TVs come in large sizes. It is relatively cheap to get a 32"-55" sized TV set.
- Almost all TVs have HDMI inputs, so it is easy to connect them to a Yodeck Playbox (or any other type of player).
- TVs also have speakers, so you can also use audio.
- TVs (up to 24") are generally more expensive than computer monitors.
- TVs cannot be powered off simply by deactivating the display port (HDMI/VGA/DVI port).
- Some TVs (e.g. LG) cannot be powered off at all, even via HDMI-CEC. So, you cannot power them off easily. See the HDMI-CEC vendor compatibility matrix.
- TVs have remotes. In case you want to leave them unattended, you must deactivate the remote receiver, or a prankster might use a remote to fool around.
- Computer monitors are cheap, cheaper than TV sets, especially below the 24" size range.
- Most units tend to be lighter than TV sets.
- There are no remotes, so it is not easy for someone to play around with the monitor.
- All computer monitors support power on/off.
ConclusionIf you have a new installation, then we suggest:
- Computer monitors, if you need up to 24" in size (with or without speakers, depending on your needs)
- TV sets, if you need panels larger than 24", but make sure that the vendors supports Power On/Off via HDMI-CEC. See the
HDMI-CEC vendor compatibility matrix.
How do I change the TV's HDMI source?
Change the TV Source from your Media Player to another HDMI input. Similar to changing the source from your TV controller. Typical use case: Changing content between live TV from the cable box and Digital Signage content. ⚠️It works only with a ...
Why use Yodeck and not the USB media player feature of my TV or my Smart TV?
Here are 5 reasons why: Yodeck automates the playback process . It can turn the TV on (and off), change the channel to the proper HDMI input and make sure everything goes smoothly without glitches. You can continuously update content over the ...
Does Yodeck support a web-based player?
Of course, we do! Think of the Web Player as one more way of getting Yodeck digital signage on your screens. Specifically, if a device, such as a tablet or PC, has a Chrome-based web browser, including Chrome, Chromium, and Edge, then the Web Player ...
Yodeck Manual Configuration Guide
Introduction With Yodeck, you have two options for configuring a Player: Though the web Though the "SETTINGS.txt" configuration file on the SD Card of the Player If you choose the first option, you have to get your Player online, so that it can ...
What TVs or monitors does Yodeck support?
Yodeck supports any type of monitor, of any resolution (Full-HD, HD-Ready, or any other). The service was designed based on the primary resolution of 1920x1080 (dubbed “Full HD” or “1080p” in the TV industry). The content is automatically adapted ...