Warning Icons on the Player
There are two types of warning icons that can appear in the right-hand corner of the screen when the Player is not functioning optimally.
Let's have a look at their significance and how you can troubleshoot:
Lightning / Thunderbolt / Thunder Icon
This is an indication that the power supply is unstable, the player is under-powered and this situation could lead to corruption of the SD card and overall instability.
It would be best, in this case, to switch to a new power adapter as soon as possible.
- Raspberry Pi 2 needs a 5V/2A power adapter
- Raspberry Pi 3B and 3B+ needs a 5V/2.5A power adapter
- Raspberry Pi 4 needs a 5V/3A power adapter
Temperature / Thermometer Icons
The thermometer icons mean that the Player's main chip is hotter than normal.
- The half-red thermometer icon means that the Player's chip temperature is between 80 and 85℃ and the Player will throttle the CPU (decreasing performance) in an effort to keep the temperature below 80℃.
- The completely red thermometer icon means that the Player's chip temperature is above 85'C and the Player will throttle both the CPU and GPU (decreasing performance even further) in an effort to keep the temperature below 85℃.
Why the overheating?
Most probably, content pushed to players is somehow too "heavy". You might not realize it, but adding too many Playlists, or transparent content, might put too much of a burden on the Player.
What can you do?
Here are some possible remedies:
- Try removing some content, combine multiple Widgets into single Widgets, or reach out to our support team and ask for help in order to optimize your Layout or content in general.
- Add a passive heat-sink. They are really cheap. Note that our Players come pre-installed with an aluminum case providing better heat anticipation.
- Try using a metal case instead of a plastic one. If using a case with a cover (like the Official Raspberry Pi case we ship over with our Players), try removing the cover to allow the chip to cool.
- Place the Player in a well-ventilated space.
How to disable both icons:
You can override standard behavior and disable both icons. Make sure that you understand the risks of doing so.
- Go to the "Monitors" list and edit the monitor in question.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Make sure the "Allow Raspberry config.txt Override" toggle is set to "ON".
- In the "Raspberry config.txt Override Directives" text area, you will have to enter the following configuration line:
- After you are finished, click the "Save" button.
- The Player will reboot, and you are set to go.
Keep in mind!
We do not recommend that you just remove the warning icons without troubleshooting. You should investigate and remedy the issue, rather than ignore the warnings.
The Yodeck player now has 5 status. Its status represents a specific state. Let's see in more detail each status and what that means for your player. Online The player can reach your account, and therefore you can remotely make any content changes ...
What is a Yodeck Player?
Yodeck needs a device that will handle the playback of your media onto your monitor. We designed our own plug-and-play device, which we call the “Yodeck Player”. With the “Yodeck Player” you get: A Raspberry Pi 4 mini-computer, including a ...
What if Yodeck Player fails?
There is a limited worldwide warranty of 1 year on a Yodeck Player. If your Yodeck Player is eligible for replacement, you can ship the failed Yodeck Player back to us and we will send you the replacement unit as soon as possible. Shipping costs for ...
Reset all Settings on your Player
To reset all Settings on you Player, you need to delete a file from the SD card of the Player. This will force the system to apply the default settings. IMPORTANT Keep in mind that if your Player requires some special network configuration in order ...
How do I order a Yodeck Player?
Sign in to the Yodeck Portal and from the top-right menu select “Get Yodeck Player”. Any Yodeck Player you order will be preconfigured with your account details so that you can simply plug it in and start “yodecking”! If you need any advanced ...