Does Yodeck support connecting through a WiFi network?
Yes. You can set the WiFi network name and key through Yodeck. You can also set it using the configuration file on the SD Card and Yodeck will try to connect. You can edit this configuration file through your PC and an SD card reader.
Seven WiFi modes are supported:
- "Disabled" deactivates support for wireless networking.
- "Find Any Open Network" scans the available wireless networks and connects to the open (unencrypted, without a passphrase or key) with the strongest signal reception.
- "No Encryption" connects to the specified open (unencrypted, without a passphrase or key) wireless network.
- "Hidden Network" connects to a hidden WiFi network.
- "WPA Encryption" connects to the specified wireless network, encrypted using WPA or WPA2, with the specified passphrase or key (PSK).
- "WEP Encryption" connects to the specified wireless network, encrypted using WEP (64 or 128 bits), with the specified passphrase or key.
- "EAP Encryption" connects to the specified wireless network, with the specific username and password.
To configure the WiFi connectivity, the wireless network adapter (or dongle) must be available and connected to the Player. If there is no adapter present, no configuration whatsoever takes place. Also, the Player tries to overcome any configuration errors, so it may automatically select between WPA and WEP in order to connect to the network.
For our Yodeck Players, all Network Settings can be configured when you place your order, so it works great as soon as you plug it in!
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that WiFi is not as fast or reliable as a wired connection. So, if you have an option between WiFi and wired Ethernet, we recommend using Ethernet.
I bought the players from you. How do I pre-configure them with WiFi credentials?
Pre-configuring my newly bought Yodeck players First, we would like to thank you so much for your business! We are very happy to have you on board! Upon placing and finalizing your order, you have 5 hours to preconfigure your player(s) with the WiFi ...
Does Yodeck support a web-based player?
Of course we do! Think of the Web Player as one more way of getting Yodeck digital signage on your screens. Specifically, if a device, such as a tablet or PC, has a Chrome-based web browser, including Chrome, Chromium, and Edge, then the Web Player ...
I have a restricted network. Which ports do I need to whitelist for the Yodeck players?
We have detailed ports lists that you need to whitelist for the Yodeck players to have unrestricted access to our servers. Please reach out to our support, and we will share the relative details as soon as possible.
Does Yodeck support connecting through a HTTP Proxy?
Yes! You can set the HTTP Proxy and Username/Password through Yodeck. You can also set it through the configuration file on the SD Card. You can edit this configuration file through your PC and an SD card reader. See our Yodeck Manual Configuration ...
How do I connect the Yodeck player to WiFi?
To connect your player with your wireless network, please follow the below steps: If you do not have an Ethernet cable to use, please use the WiFi Wizard instead by following this guide here. First of all, connect the Yodeck Player with an Ethernet ...