Why use Yodeck and not the USB media player feature of my TV or my Smart TV?
Here are 5 reasons why:
- Yodeck automates the playback process . It can turn the TV on (and off), change the channel to the proper HDMI input and make sure everything goes smoothly without glitches.
- You can continuously update content over the Internet without using USB sticks or DVD discs. And you can do it easily for all your monitors.
- Yodeck provides a scheduling feature. You can setup your monitors to show different things at different times, combined with powering off your monitor to save power.
- You can use a computer monitor, which is much cheaper than a regular TV set (let alone a Smart TV).
- Smart TVs cannot show a composition of different media files. With Yodeck, you can set your monitor to concurrently show a combination of video, photos, websites, widgets, and other supported media we will be adding in the future.
It is almost certain that we could write more reasons why, but we would bore you!
How to set up an HDMI video feed input or connect a USB camera (Video Input)
Introduction Yodeck is expanding the available options you have to display content on your screens. The "Video Input" option allows you to connect any USB video input device to your Yodeck Players to display a video feed on your screens. The typical ...
What is a Yodeck Player?
Yodeck needs a device that will handle the playback of your media onto your monitor. We designed our own plug-and-play device, which we call the “Yodeck Player”. With the “Yodeck Player” you get: A Raspberry Pi 4 mini-computer, including a ...
What are the Yodeck Player specs?
Below, you will find the current Yodeck Player specs! Yodeck Player (aka Raspberry Pi 4) Specs You can compare the Raspberry Pi hardware by following this link here. Hardware Description and Details Processor Broadcom BCM2711, quad-core Cortex-A72 ...
Recovering your Player through a USB flash drive
Reflashing the SD card using the USB method The Player is resilient to hardware and system failures. But, as with any device, there is a slight chance that the Player may fail. In the case of a software failure, you might be able to recover your ...
How do I register a Yodeck player?
Plug 'n Play Yodeck comes with all the Yodeck Players you need for FREE. No need to install software, manage PC units, ensure compatibility, and so on. For each screen you are managing under any annual plan, you will be receiving a free plug 'n ...