What are the requirements for using Yodeck?
Here are the minimum requirements for Yodeck:
- Yodeck is an online service, so you need an Internet connection for signing in and managing your monitors yourself.
- A Yodeck-supported playback device is required for each monitor. We currently support the following options:
- Our very own Yodeck Player (recommended), comes free with our Annual Plan
- A Raspberry Pi (preferably version 4), which you buy yourself and can setup yourself using this guide
- Internet connectivity for the Yodeck Player devices installed, usually wireless (WiFi) or wired (LAN).
Yodeck is completely FREE for one monitor! So you can easily check it out and see if it suits you!
Does the Yodeck software image work on the Pi 400?
Yes, the Pi 400 will work just fine with the Yodeck software! Feel free to flash the SD card using the below guide. https://www.yodeck.com/docs/creating-a-yodeck-player/player/
Does Yodeck support a web-based player?
Of course we do! Think of the Web Player as one more way of getting Yodeck digital signage on your screens. Specifically, if a device, such as a tablet or PC, has a Chrome-based web browser, including Chrome, Chromium, and Edge, then the Web Player ...
Does Yodeck support using a static IP?
Yes! You can set the static network information through Yodeck. You can also set it through the SD Card configuration file. You can edit this configuration file through your PC and an SD card reader. For our Yodeck Players, all Network Settings can ...
Does Yodeck support dual monitor, using the two HDMI ports available on the Player?
Currently, we do not support using both HDMI ports on the Yodeck 4K Player (Raspberry Pi 4). Why? If you wanted to always show identical content on two screens, then you can always use a $5 HDMI splitter. This way, you can even drive more screens, ...
Yodeck Manual Configuration Guide
Introduction With Yodeck, you have two options for configuring a Player: Though the web Though the "SETTINGS.txt" configuration file on the SD Card of the Player If you choose the first option, you have to get your Player online, so that it can ...