What does Yodeck allow me to show on my monitors?
Yodeck can display a composite layout of playlists and standalone content containing:
You can upload whatever video, audio or image files you want to Yodeck and use them.In the future, we are planning to include more exotic stuff. Stay tuned!
- Videos files, which you upload to Yodeck from your computer
- Videos from YouTube
- Live Video Streams from YouTube, other popular video sites, and customer video sources (HLS, IP streamers, cams, etc.)
- Images, with editable menu boards, etc.
- PDF Files
- PowerPoint files, which get converted seamlessly to videos, retaining all transitions and animations
- Video from any HDMI source (you will need an IP Video Streamer for that)
- Online web pages (on the Internet or in the LAN)
- Widgets, a collection of ready to use components, including Scrolling Texts (ticker), Rich Text Editor, RSS Feed, Weather Info, and many others.
- Audio files from your computer or YouTube as well as Audio Stream
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel files as well as PDF files
- Audio files
- Audio stream
- Audio from YouTube videos
- Microsoft Word and Excel files
- Microsoft PowerPoint files (both video and imported as slides)
How does Yodeck support powering on and off monitors and TVs? Are all monitors and TVs compatible with this feature?
The Yodeck Player (or Raspberry Pi in general) includes a CEC adapter on its HDMI monitor port. CEC is a standard communication protocol supported by most major TV manufacturers. It allows for a playback device (the Yodeck Playbox) to power on, power ...
Does Yodeck support monitors of all sizes?
Yodeck software supports any resolution, thus any monitor size. From 640x480, VGA monitors, up to the latest 4K TVs, all monitors will work fine. It is best to choose a widescreen monitor with an aspect ratio of 16:9 (like “HD Ready”, “Full HD” or ...
What TVs or monitors does Yodeck support?
Yodeck supports any type of monitor, of any resolution (Full-HD, HD-Ready, or any other). The service was designed based on the primary resolution of 1920x1080 (dubbed “Full HD” or “1080p” in the TV industry). The content is automatically adapted ...
How many monitors does Yodeck support per account?
You can have as many monitors as you need! Yodeck uses scalable technologies that can support tens of thousands of monitors under a single Yodeck account. Really!
Does Yodeck support monitors mounted vertically?
Yodeck supports both horizontal and vertical monitors! In each layout , you can specify multiple layouts for different monitor aspect ratios and orientations. Each Player will pick the layout version that better fits the specific monitor connected to ...